HUBzero Hosting Provider: Purdue University
The HUBzero Development Team at Purdue University offers hosting solutions for other non-profit institutions. We created the HUBzero software, and we’ve been supporting hosted hubs since 2008 with better than 99% uptime.
As part of our hosted solution, we provide:
- Hub liaison to help with training, support ticket resolution, and other questions.
- Operation in a secure machine room with uninterruptable power supply (UPS) and service monitoring. Automated software restarts to keep your site up and running.
- Regular backups of all hub data to disk. Redundant solutions provide daily incremental backups, weekly differential backups, and monthly full backups to tape.
- Automated scanning for viruses during data upload.
- Security scans of new web site code, performed on request.
- Contact person for copyright infringement notifications.
- HIPAA alignment for healthcare-related hubs dealing with sensitive data.
We operate as an established Recharge Center within Purdue University. This means that we charge only for services that you use within a university-approved pricing structure. Need 2 TeraBytes of storage? We can provide that, and we have a price for that. Need an extra compute node? We can provide that too, and we know exactly what it costs. Our recharge center is audited regularly and our prices are adjusted to reflect the actual costs with no profit margin.
Grow With Us
Many hub projects begin with a “starter hub” configuration and grow over time. As your community grows, your hardware and support needs will grow as well. We offer a range of hosting solutions from the simple “starter hub” size up to sites the size nanoHUB.org.
Starter Hub package:
setup, maintenance, and user support
maintenance, user support, hardware upgrades, and hub usage metrics
* Pricing shown is for a typical “starter hub” package according to the current pricing structure of the recharge center. Prices are reviewed by Purdue University and adjusted periodically, and are subject to change without notice. Add a little to your project budget to cover potential pricing changes beyond the first or second year. Please contact us for a detailed quote.
Writing a proposal?